Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Book Trailers



“Claire scrambled to pick up her cell phone. . . . [Then] she noticed something sticky on her hand. Blood. . . . She could see now that she had tripped over a person. . . She reached up to the neck to feel for a pulse. Where the neck was supposed to be, there was a space. [The wound] went on and on, until Claire realized that the head was barely attached at all, and that the puddle she was kneeling in was almost certainly not rainwater.(from p. 2-3)
Book Trailer
Book Trailer


“Uncle Spade always called it “boxing,” but what I did was fight. . . . I had gloves…, but we made more money without them. Crowds like a real knockdown show with blood and bruises.” (from the book jacket)
(I could not find a trailer, but this is a book that should be read! Read it and record a trailer.)




“. . . I was the one in a gunfight. . . . Scared isn’t the right word for it. . . [I knocked on a stranger’s door.] I pressed my vest to where my lower jaw used to be—trying to control the bleeding and making my uniform visible so they would know I was a cop. Somehow, I scrawled the words ‘not an accident’ and ‘Polly and the kids—not safe.’ (from p. 20-23)

Cylin tells her story.
Book trailer


“ ‘That’s the exit. . . .’ shouted Kieran. . . . With new energy we splashed up the tunnel. We were exhausted and not thinking straight. We were sloppy. . . . It started with a slight splash up ahead. It took me a second to realize that the light from Jake’s headlamp had disappeared."

‘Jake!’ I screamed. Kieran spun around to face me, then back toward where Jake had been a second ago. We both shouted his name.
But he was gone.” (p. 83)
Book trailer


“Just when Josh thought the worst was
over. . . . He was even more certain now that his father's death was no accident - and he's starting to wonder if he can really trust his closest allies. When he learns of a secret buried within the Ix Codex, he must journey back to the secret Mexican city of Ek Naab. Shocking news awaits him about the mysterious Bracelet of Itzamna. Did Josh's dad really take it? And where is it now? Josh has no idea what's waiting for him. . . .” (http://www.joshuafiles.co.uk/ice_shock; 10/21/2011)
Book trailer


Madison MacDonald’s status updates:
Nate and I have been together for two months, and it’s wonderful. Life is good!
Well, except for the fact that I still might be failing history.
And I no longer have a BFF.
And the assistant headmaster seems to have a vendetta against me.
And it appears that I’m being blackmailed.
Mad_mac is trying not to panic! (from the cover)

Interview with author.

No comments: