Friday, November 12, 2010

Book Title Spoofs

I was reading a book catalog as part of the constant effort to improve the collection and decided to have some fun. The bits in italics are book titles - yes, real book titles. The rest are my musings. Enjoy!

The girl who kicked the hornet’s nest – got stung?

Hell bent – and froze over too. (But it didn’t break.)

Finger lickin’ fifteen – so good it requires three hands!

Plum spooky – pears, apples, cinnamon. Chutney, anyone?

My husband’s sweethearts – um, that would be me, me , and oh yes, me!

The complete idiot’s guide to the constitution – 535 copies to Capitol Hill, please!
“I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm; and that three or more become a Congress!” (from the Broadway musical 1776)

Cast Iron cookbook – for cast iron stomachs - the hardest, toughest recipes ever put between two slabs of cardboard.

The only grant-writing book – well, if it will do the job, you only need one. Does it type or use voice-activated software?

20/20 thinking – a book about hindsight?

And finally,...
You’ve been warned – enough said!

No comments: